Timo de Wolff
Department of Mathematics
Texas A&M University
College Station, TX 77843-3368
I am a Visiting Assistant Professor at the Department of Mathematics at the Texas A&M University. My mentors here are Frank Sottile and Maurice Rojas.
I am currently on the job market.
Here you can find my CV.
Office: Blocker Building, 601D [Campus Map]
Office hours: None at the moment. New office hours will be announced around the start of the new semester at August 29th. Until then, please contact me via e-mail.
Teaching in Fall 2016
- Nov. 12 - 13, 2016: AMS Session on "Applied Algebraic Geometry", Raleigh, NC, USA.
- Nov. 13 - 16, 2016: "INFORMS Annual Meeting", Nashville, TN, USA.
- Nov. 27 - Dec. 2, 2016: "Seminar on Algorithms and Effectivity in Tropical Mathematics and Beyond", Schloss Dagstuhl, Germany.
- June 12 - 16, 2017: "MEGA 2017", Nice, France.
- July 10 - 19, 2017: "FoCM '17", Barcelona, Spain.
- July 31 - Aug. 4, 2017: "SIAM Conference on Applied Algebraic Geometry", Atlanta, GA, USA.
- Spring, 2018: "Tropical Geometry, Amoebas, and Polytopes", Semester Programm at the Mittag-Leffler Institute in Djursholm, Sweden.
- 07/20/2016: Mareike Dressler, Sadik Iliman, and I finished our article "A Positivstellensatz for Sums of Nonnegative Circuit Polynomials".
- 02/21/2016: Mareike Dressler, Sadik Iliman, and I finished our article "An Approach to Constrained Polynomial Optimization via Nonnegative Circuit Polynomials and Geometric Programming".
- 02/11/2016: My article "Intersections of Amoebas" (joint with Martina Juhnke-Kubitzke) has been accepted for a poster presentation on FPSAC '16.
- 02/08/2016: This is a really nice day. Thorsten Jörgens, Thorsten Theobald, and I finished our article "Imaginary Projections of Polynomials". Also, my article "Lower Bounds for Polynomials with Simplex Newton Polytopes Based on Geometric Programming" (joint with Sadik Iliman) has been accepted by the SIAM Journal on Optimization today.
- 10/28/2015: After three years of work (with some breaks in between) Martina Juhnke-Kubitzke and I finally finished our article Intersections of Amoebas.
- 10/22/2015: My article "Norms of Roots of Trinomials" (joint with Thorsten Theobald) has been accepted by Mathematische Annalen. Recently, my article "Amoebas, Nonnegative Polynomials and Sums of Squares Supported on Circuits", (joint with Sadik Iliman) has been accepted by Research in the Mathematical Sciences.
- 09/23/2015: The first alpha version of our software "
Viro.sage" for using Viro Patchworking in
SAGE went online today. This is joint work with Chris O'Neill and Emma Owusu Kwaakwah. The development will go on and new features will be added soon.
Last Update: August 22nd, 2016