Note: We can add as many buttons, with sub options, as we want
- Click the "f(x)=" button to define function. x2
="x^2" is the default.
- To zoom with the applet, select the "Zoom" button. You are given
two choices, in, or out. The window size arguments are
- You can set the window size directly using the textboxes.
- "Clear" removes all the functions and all function points.
- "Reset" resets the range and domain and scale.
- Dragging the mouse graphs a sub rectangle, unless the
Tangent box is checked, in which case the tangent line moves according
to the x-coordinate of the mouse.
- The axes and/or function graphs can be "dragged" with the mouse,
unless the Tangent box is checked.
- The applet is resizeable, in the sense that if you resale
the window, and reload, it scales to the size of the visible
- x1 determines the location of the tangent line.
- x2 determins the terminus of the secant, and the second
tangent (if tangent box is checked)
- If you deselect the tangent and secant checkboxes, you can
select an arbitrary number of points on the function. Selecting the
tangent and/or secant generates tangent and/or secant lines at all the