- Syllabus and first day handout for math 251, Fall 2001 raw text file
- Electronic handout with embedded homework for first week Adobe pdf file here . After Friday's class, the solutions will be posted.
- Some Maple sheets illustrating what the program is good for, and some pitfalls. one and another .
- Second week homework here. Corrected version with typo of plus for minus corrected. The management regrets the error.
- Maple sheet related to Sept 7 lecture click here.
- Third week homework here.
- More homework here.
- Maple sheet related to week 4 homework here
- Some problems to think about for the exam
- A maple sheet related to max and min and points nearest a surface. This is the example of z=x*y surface, and the attempt to find the point on that surface nearest (2,3,7) which lies above the surface. You could use (2,3,6) but that's not the shortest hop to the surface. You could use (7/3,3,7) which has a displacement of just [1/3,0,0] and is better than the first sloppy guess with a displacement of [0,0,-1]. But there are better points yet, and there is one that is best.
- Sheet discussing integrals, together with homework due next Monday.
- Homework for the week of October 8-12 here
- Homework for the next wek here .
- Review problems for exam 2 math 251, October 26 This Friday link here
- Solutions to exam two . (With corrections).
- A bit about vector fields and path integrals in the form of a Maple sheet.
- Homework again click here .
- Homework again click here due not Monday but Wednesday.
- Homework due Wed. after Thanksgiving here . Have a good break. Those taking long trips, take care.
- A Maple sheet related to the divergence theorem here
- A review
sheet/problems list related to exam 3 which is this Friday Nov. 30
version of review problems and discussion. with no hints and with hints . These sheets will be
- More stuff
as advertised here.
- This page will expand as
homework assignments and notes are posted.
- Posting exam 1 here.
exam 3 with solution hints
- Partial solutions to the