- First day handout.
- Answers to first quiz and a tautology and its proof .
- A story about For All and There Exists.
- Questions set in previous years. Dang, they're hard, aren't they? (One of the three was generally quite a bit harder than the other two, and set as much in hopes of sparking later discussion, as in hopes that any great number of the class would solve the question in real time.)
- Quiz solutions as advertised.
- Some quizzes from past semesters over the material to be covered in the upcoming exam this Friday Nov 20. Ignore the question about "partial orders". An old quiz . Another old quiz .
- Solutions to exam 3
- Recurrence relations handout and related Maple sheet 1 and sheet 2.
- A couple of old finals: 1990 final and 1996 final . solution to the first of these old finals.
solutions to the '96 final. .
- The harmonic sum . H_n=(1+1/2+...+1/n)
and a surprising averaging property.
- Solutions to exam 2.