[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Florent BAUDIER, Visiting Assistant Professor
Spring 2015-MATH 308
IMPORTANT INFORMATION (UPDATED CONTINUOUSLY) TO BE CHECKED REGULARLY
- Metric Geometry (embeddings of graphs, groups and general metric spaces, geometric properties of metric spaces...)
- Nonlinear Banach Space Theory (nonlinear geometry, Lipschitz/uniform/coarse classification, Ribe Program, differentiability...)
- Classical Banach Space Theory
- Quantitative Metric Geometry (low distortion embeddings of finite metric spaces, probabilistic methods...)
- Applications of the above to Theoretical Computer Science and Geometric Group Theory
Conference, Workshop and Seminar Organization
- Fall School, ``Metric Embeddings: Constructions and Obstructions.'', IHP, Paris, France, November 3-7, 2014
- First Brazilian Workshop in Geometry of Banach Spaces, São Sebastião, Brazil, July 25-29, 2014
- Concentration Week on Non-Linear Geometry of Banach Spaces, Differentiability and Geometric Group Theory, College Station, 1-5 August 2011
- F. Albiac and F. Baudier, Embeddability of snowflaked metrics with applications to the nonlinear geometry of the spaces Lp and lp for 0<p<∞, to appear in Journal of Geometric Analysis.
- F. Baudier, Embeddings of proper metric spaces into Banach spaces, Houston J. Math. 38 (2012), no. 1, 209-223.
- F. Baudier, N. J. Kalton and G. Lancien, A new metric invariant for Banach spaces, Studia Math. 199 (2010), no. 1, 73-94.
- F. Baudier and G. Lancien, Embeddings of locally finite metric spaces into Banach spaces, Proc. Amer. Math. Soc. 136 (2008),1029-1033.
- F. Baudier, Metrical characterization of super-reflexivity and linear type of Banach spaces, Archiv Math. 89 (2007), 419-429.
- F. Baudier, Quantitative nonlinear embeddings into Lebesgue sequence spaces, submitted for publication.
- F. Baudier, A topological obstruction to small-distortion embeddability into spaces of continous functions, preprint.
- F. Baudier, Plongement des epaces métriques et applications, in French.