Visiting Assistant Professor
Department of Mathematics
Texas A&M University
College Station, TX 77843-3368
|E-mail:||julia (at) math (dot) tamu (dot) edu|
(Spring 2016) Tuesday 1:00-2:00 pm, Wednesday 9:00 - 10:00, and by appointment.
Research Experience for Undergraduates 2017
The Department of Mathematics at Texas A&M hosted an eight-week Research Experience for Undergraduates (REU) from May 30 to July 21, 2017. I will mentor the program on Mathematics of Topological Quantum Computation . Details and how to apply are here
Currently, I am a visiting assistant professor in the Texas A&M mathematics department, where I participate in the
Algebra and Combinatorics Seminar.
I received my Ph.D. from Universidad Nacional de Cordoba (FaMAF-CIEM),
Argentina in 2013 under the supervision of Sonia Natale.
I completed a CONICET postdoc at IMAS-Universidad de Buenos Aires
and CIEM-FaMAF under the supervision of Maria Julia Redondo and Martin Mombelli.
My research focuses in category theory and noncommutative algebra. I am particularly interested in fusion and modular categories, their classification and applications to physics. I also study Hopf algebras and quantum groups and their representation theories.
I am one of the organizers of the Algebra and Combinatorics Seminar.
- Modular categories of dimension p^3m with m square-free
with P. Bruillard, and E.C. Rowell
To appear in Proc. Amer. Math. Soc. (2017).
- Fermionic Modular Categories and the 16-fold Way
with P. Bruillard, C. Galindo, T. Hagge, S.-H. Ng, E.C. Rowell, and Z. Wang
J. Math. Phys. (2017) 58, 041704.
- Tensor functor between Morita duals of fusion categories
with C. Galindo.
Lett. Math. Phys. (2017) 107, Issue 3, 553-590.
- On Gauging Symmetry of Modular Categories
with S.X. Cui, C. Galindo and Z. Wang.
Comm. Math. Phys. (2016) 348, Issue 3, 1043-1064.
- Low-dimensional representations of the three component loop braid group
with P. Bruillard, L. Chang, S.-M. Hong, E. C. Rowell, and M. Y. Sun.
J. Math. Phys. (2015) 56, no. 11, 11707.
- On the Classification of Weakly Integral Modular Categories
with P. Bruillard, C. Galindo, S.-H. Ng, E.C. Rowell, and Z. Wang.
J. Pure Appl. Algebra. (2015) 22, no. 16, 2364-2388.
- Classification of integral modular categories of Frobenius-Perron dimension pq^4 and p^2q^2
with P. Bruillard, C. Galindo, S.-M. Hong, Y. Kashina, D. Naidu, S. Natale, and E. C. Rowell.
Canad. Math. Bull. (2014) 57, no. 4, 721-734.
- Solvability of a class of braided fusion categories
with S. Natale.
Appl. Categor. Struct. (2014) 22, 229-240.
- On fusion categories with few irreducible degrees
with S. Natale.
Algebra Number Theory (2012) 6, no. 6, 1171-1197.
- Tensor products and support varieties for some noncocommutative Hopf algebras
with S. Witherspoon
Conferences and Seminars co-organized
- Workshop on Subfactors and Fusion Categories at BIRS in Banff, Canada, October 14th-19th, 2018.
- AMS Mathematics Research Communities: "Quantum Symmetries: Subfactors and Fusion Categories”, June 10th-16th, 2018 (with David Penneys and Noah Snyder).
- AMS Special Session on Hopf Algebras, Tensor Categories, and Homological Algebra at the AMS Sectional Meeting in Boston, April 21st-22nd, 2018.
- AMS Special Session on Quantum Symmetries at the AMS Sectional Meeting in Columbus, March 17th-18th, 2018.
- AMS Special Session on Tensor Categories: Bridging Algebra, Topology, and Physics at the AMS Sectional Meeting in Riverside, November 4th-5th, 2017.
- Special Session on Hopf Algebras and Tensor Catgories at the XXII Coloquio Latinoamericano de Álgebra in Quito, Ecuador, August 07th-11th, 2017.
- Special Session on Mathematics of Quantum Phases of Matter and Quantum Information at the Second Mathematical Congress of the Americas in Montreal, July 24th-28th, 2017.
- AMS Special Session on Fusion categories and applications at the AMS Sectional Meeting in Bloomington, April 1st-2nd, 2017.
- Insight and Strategies for Professional Success, Personal Well Being and Getting Along with Others: Symposium for Faculty, Staff, Graduate Student and PostDocs in the Sciences at Texas A&M University, Febraury 24th, 2017.
- AMS Special Session on Fusion Categories and Quantum Symmetries at the Joint Mathematics Meetings in Atlanta, January 04th-07th, 2017.
- AMS Special Session on Topological Phases of Matter and Quantum Computation at the AMS Sectional Meeting in Brunswick, Sept. 24th-25th, 2016.
- Minisymposium on Mathematical Models for Topological Phases of Matter at SIAM Annual Meeting in Boston, July 11th-15th, 2016.
- AMS Special Session on Fusion Categories and Topological Phases of Matter at the AMS Sectional Meeting in Salt Lake City, April 09th-10th, 2016.
- First Encuentro Colombiano de Computacion Cuantica (EC32015), May 11th-15th, 2015. Bogota, Colombia.
- Colloquium on Algebra and Representations - Quantum 2014, March 20th-24th, 2014. Santa Maria, Rio Grande do Sul, Brasil.
- Colloquium on Algebra and Representations - Quantum 2013, March 22nd-25th, 2013. Tafi del Valle, Tucuman, Argentina.
- Graduate seminar of FaMAF, Universidad Nacional de Cordoba (UNC), 2010. Cordoba, Argentina.