Fill in the Venn Diagram that would represent this data.
There are 208 student at Irion County High School. The foreign language department offers French, German, and Spanish.
- 4 students take all three languages.
- 48 students study French.
- There are twice as many students who study both French and Spanish (but not German) as who study both French and German (but not Spanish), and 4 times as many as who study all 3.
- 124 students study Spanish.
- 27 poor misguided souls do not study any foreign language.
- The group of students who study both French and Spanish (but not German) is exactly the same size as the group made up of students who study both German and Spanish.
Hints about the system of equations.
Contributed by Megan Bock