(see an abstract, if available, by clicking on a title)
Fall 2009 Schedule:
Spring 2009 Schedule:
Fall 2008 Schedule:
- October 8, Claus Köstler, St. Lawrence University,
De Finetti theorems in noncommutative probability.
- October 22, Stephen Curran, UC Berkeley,
Infinitesimal bialgebras and analytic subordination results in free probability.
- November 12, Jiun-Chau Wang, Queen's University,
Limit laws for c-free and Boolean convolutions.
- November 14, David Damanik, Rice University,
Coefficient Stripping and Sum Rules for Jacobi Matrices
(Friday 1:50-2:40pm, Blocker 627, joint with the Mathematical Physics and Harmonic Analysis Seminar).
- November 19, Mitja Mastnak, Saint Mary's University,
Hopf algebraic approach to the combinatorics of free probability
(joint with the Algebra and Combinatorics Seminar).
- December 3, 1:00-1:55pm, Gabriel Tucci, TAMU,
Haar Integration and Dimensionality Reduction for Covariance Estimates.
Spring 2008 Schedule:
Fall 2007 Schedule:
- November 28, Alexander Pechen, Princeton University,
Non-crossing pair partitions and free number process in the low density limit.
- October 24, Nermine El-Sissi, Trinity University,
Positive definite kernels and lattice paths.
- October 17, Jonathan Novak, Queen's University,
A random matrix model for pairs of standard Young tableaux of bounded height.
- October 3, Mingchu Gao, Louisiana College,
Prime von Neumann Algebras.
Spring 2007 Schedule:
- April 26, Stuart White, Texas A&M University,
Generators of II_1 factors.
- April 19, Dan Shiber, UCLA,
Information Theory and Large Random Matrices.
- April 12, Junhao Shen, University of New Hampshire,
Free Orbit Dimension of Finite von Neumann Algebras.
- April 5, Mihai Popa, Indiana University,
On c-free probability with amalgamation.
- March 22, Yoshimichi Ueda, Kyushu University,
HNN extensions in operator algebras.
- February 22, Benoît Collins, University of Ottawa & CNRS,
Convergence of unitary matrix integrals.
Fall 2006 Schedule:
- November 30, Vladislav Kargin, Courant Institute,
On Norms of Products of Free Random Variables.
- October 26, Michael Anshelevich, Texas A&M University,
Free Poisson distribution (second talk).
- October 19, Michael Anshelevich, Texas A&M University,
Free Poisson distribution.
- September 14, Ken Dykema, Texas A&M University,
Free entropy dimension in amalgamated free products.
Spring 2006 Schedule:
- April 24, Serban Belinschi, University of Waterloo,
Time behaviour for free convolution semigroups.
- April 10, Nikolay Ivanov, Texas A&M University,
Simplicity and uniqueness of trace of some reduced free products of finite-dimensional C*-algebras.
- April 3, Andreas Thom, Mathematisches Institut Göttingen,
L^2-Betti numbers for von Neumann algebras and derivations.
- March 20, Kenley Jung, UCLA,
Strongly 1-Bounded von Neumann algebras.
- February 20, Benoit Collins, Université Lyon 1 / University of Ottawa,
Integration over compact quantum groups.
- February 6, Todd Kemp, Cornell University,
Haagerup inequalities in free probability.
- January 30, Ken Dykema, Texas A&M University,
Multilinear function series and transforms in free probability theory (second talk).
- January 23, Ken Dykema, Texas A&M University,
Multilinear function series and transforms in free probability theory.
Fall 2005 Schedule:
- 11/11, Sourav Chatterjee, University of California, Berkeley, Dept. of Statistics,
A measure concentration technique, with an application to random matrices
- 11/04, no seminar due to the conference on
Geometric and Probabilistic Methods in Group Theory and Dynamics
- 10/28, Hanne Schultz, University of Southern Denmark,
The Invariant Subspace Problem Relative to a Factor of Type II_1
- 10/21, Gabriel Tucci, Texas A&M University,
Free entropy dimension and B-circular operators (second talk)
- 10/14, Gabriel Tucci, Texas A&M University,
Free entropy dimension and B-circular operators
- 10/07, Michael Anshelevich, Texas A&M University,
Inversion of non-commutative power series and Hopf algebras (second talk)
- 09/30, Michael Anshelevich, Texas A&M University,
Inversion of non-commutative power series and Hopf algebras