10. Friday, July 11, 2008: The slides for Sarah's lecture today (along with a little extra material) can be downloaded HERE.
9. Thursday, July 10, 2008: Greetings from College Station, where I've just arrived to resume my REU. Thanks again for your attention and questions! And please keep an eye on this page for updates to the notes. Until next time...
8. Wednesday, July 9, 2008: Sarah Kitchen has latexed a draft of yesterday's morning lecture. (Yay Sarah!) You can download the pdf HERE.
7. Wednesday, July 9, 2008: The slides for today's lecture can be downloaded HERE.
6. Tuesday, July 8, 2008: HW#1 is ready!: You can download it HERE.
5. Tuesday, July 8, 2008: MANY thanks for coming to the extra lecture today! By the way, I put my foot in my mouth: There will be lecture on wednesday morning. Also, HW#1 will be downloadable later tonight, for those of you raring to solve more problems...
4. Tuesday, July 8, 2008: A draft of solutions for HW#0 can be downloaded HERE. Thanks to Sara Kitchen and Tian Jiang for their solutions!
3. Monday, July 7, 2008: There will be an extra lecture tomorrow, due to my flight leaving early. The extra lecture will be on TUESDAY, JULY 8, 2008, FROM 15:15 to 16:15.
2. Monday, July 7, 2008: A pdf version of the slides for Lecture #1 can be downloaded HERE.
1. Tuesday, July 1, 2008: Homework #0, in PDF format, can be downloaded HERE. Here are the links to the suggested readings: