MATH 152: 501-502
- TA: Salih KILICLI
- Office: BLOC 629B
- Email: salihkilicli «at» math.tamu.edu
For more information about Python in Math 152 (including how to dowload Python & Jupyter to your personal computer), please refer here. SymPy is a Python library for symbolic mathematics. If you are new to SymPy, start with the SymPy tutorial. You can find the Python help file that I have used in class to show differences between MATLAB and Python (prepared by Professor David Manuel) here. This is another free interactive Python tutorial. Also, you might find the mobile app solo-learn useful to have an interactive Python3 tutorial in your pocket.
| Announcements |
- Please make sure you read the syllabus. Answers to most of the common questions can be found in the syllabus.
- The first quiz of the semester is on Thursday the 17th. Also, please note that missing a quiz without an excuse will result in a 0. If you have an excuse for missing any quiz/exam, please contact Professor Schrader.
- You can find here some useful integral cheat sheets on (0), (1), (2). which are getting more comprehensive respectively
- Here some useful links to review applications of integrals (areas & volumes etc.) (1), (2).
- You can also find some useful sequences & series cheat sheets on (1), (2), (3).
- For each late day of a lab assignment submission 10% will be deducted from the max grade. For example, max grade you can get is 9 for the assignment submitted on Wednesday, whereas it is 7 for an assignment submitted on Friday.
- I will hold office hours on Friday between 10:30-12:00PM, please don't hesitate to stop by BLOC629B to ask questions about lab assignments/recitations.
| Lab Groups and Assignments |
You can find Lab (Python) assignments here and the list of commands for each assignment is at the bottom of the page. I have divided each section into groups of 3 or 4 people, as stated below:
- Please find your groupmates to exchange contacts and when you are done with the assignment bring 'one' printed 'pdf' file before the next lab class starts for each lab assignment. How to save your work as 'pdf' file? Answer
- Please make sure your solutions include outputs and plots appropriately, otherwise you will not get full points even if the code is perfectly OK.
- Please use variable.evalf() or float(variable) commands to print approx. values and simplify(expression) to simplify expressions with unknown variables.
Solution Manuals for Python Assignments:
| Recitations |
I will be posting the questions that I solve in the recitations every week here. Recitations are prepared by myself.
| Miscellaneous |