- T. Kiffe, J. Matis, and G. Michels, A Population Dynamics Perspective on
the Effect of Irrigation Regimes and Plant Densities on Greenbug Abundance in
Agricultural and Forest Entomology,
13 (2011), 15-24.
- T. Kiffe, J. Matis, W. van der Werf, and A. Costamagna,
Population dynamics models based on cumulative density dependent
feedback: A link to the logistic growth curve and a test for symmetry
using aphid data,
220 (2009), 17451751.
- T. Kiffe, J. Matis, W. van der Werf, and A. Costamagna, Comparisons of Two
Symmetric Density Function
Solutions of Aphid Population Growth Models,
Proceedings of the 2008 Conference Applied Statistics in Agriculture,
Kansas State University, Manhattan, Kansas (2009)
- T. Kiffe and J. Matis, Generalized aphid population growth models
with immigration and cumulative-size dependent dynamics,
215 (2008), 137143.
- T. Kiffe and J. Matis, Stochastic Modeling of Aphid Population
Growth with Nonlinear, Power-Law Dynamics,
208 (2007), 469494.
- T. Kiffe and J. Matis, Population Size Models Based on Cumulative
Size, with Applications to Aphids,
205 (2007), 8192.
- T. Kiffe and J. Matis, Fitting Cumulative Mechanistic Models to Insect
Population Data: Nonlinear Random Effects Model Analysis,
Journal of Indian Society of Agricultural Statistics,
Vol. 61, No. 2, (2007), 147155.
- T. Kiffe and J. Matis, Application of Population Growth
Models Based on Cumulative Size to Pecan Aphids.
Journal of Agricultural, Biological, and Environmental
Statistics, Vol. 11, No. 4, (2006), 425449.
- T. Kiffe and J. Matis, Nonlinear stochastic modeling of
aphid population growth.
198 (2005), 148168.
- T. Kiffe, J. Matis, and T. Wehrly, Compartment Models. in P. Armitage
and T. Cohen (eds),
Encyclopedia of Biostatistics, 2nd Edition, John Wiley & Sons,
- T. Kiffe and J. Matis, Predicting the Africanized
bee invasion. in R. Peck (ed),
Statistics: A Guide to the Unknown, 4th Edition, Duxbury Publishing,
Pacific Grove, CA, 2005, 119134.
- T. Kiffe and J. Matis, On stochastic logistic population
growth models with immigration and multiple births.
Theoretical Population Biology,
65 (2004), 89104.
- T. Kiffe and J. Matis, On the multiple birth effect in
stochastic host/parasite models: A moment closure analysis of
bee/mite interactions. in S. K. Srinivasan and A. Vijayakumar (eds),
Stochastic Point Processes, Narosa Publishing House, New Delhi,
- T. Kiffe, J. Matis, and E. Renshaw, Cumulants and a
saddlepoint approximation for the equilibrium distribution of the
stochastic logistic model. Ecological Modelling,
161 (2003), 239248.
- T. Kiffe and J. Matis, Modelling processes from
probabilities. in J. A. Novotny, M. H. Green, and R. C. Boston (eds),
Mathematical Modeling in Nutrition and the Health Sciences,
Kluwer Academic/Plenum Publishers, New York, 2003, 87104.
- T. Kiffe and J. Matis, On the use of time lags and
time-dependent transfers in compartmental systems.
in J. R. Artalejo and A. Krishnamoorthy (eds),
Advances in Stochastic Modelling,
Notable Publications, New Jersey, 2002, 109138.
- T. Kiffe and J. Matis, On interacting bee/mite
populations, a stochastic model with analysis using cumulant
truncation. Environmental and Ecological Statistics,
9 (2002), 237258.
- T. Kiffe and J. Matis, Stochastic Population Models: A
Compartmental Perspective, Lecture Notes in Statistics, Vol.
145, Springer, New York, 2000.
- T. Kiffe and J. Matis, On the cumulant functions of some
logistic growth models with immigration. in A. Vijayakumar and
M. Sreenivasan (eds), Stochastic Processes and their Applications,
Narosa Publishing House, New Delhi, 1999, 417.
- T. Kiffe and J. Matis, Effects of immigration on some
stochastic logistic models: a cumulant truncation analysis.
Theoretical Population Biology, 56 (1999),
- T. Kiffe and J. Matis, On the cumulant functions of the
stochastic power law logistic model. Theoretical
Population Biology, 53 (1998), 1629.
- T. Kiffe and J. Matis, Recent advances in modelling
stochastic population growth. in S. Iyengar (ed),
A Computational Paradigm
for Synthesizing Models and Simulation of Complex Biological
Systems, CRC Press, New York, 1997,
- T. Kiffe and J. Matis, Measuring migration effects on
the equilibrium distribution of a stochastic metapopulation model
for African bees. Environmental and Ecological
Statistics, 4 (1997), 301319.
- T. Kiffe and J. Matis, Using density-dependent
birth-death-migration models for analyzing muskrat spread in the
Netherlands. Special Issue of the J. Indian
Soc. Ag. Statistics, 47 (1997),
- T. Kiffe and J. Matis, Stochastic compartment models
with prendville growth rates. Mathematical
Biosciences, 138 (1996), 3143.
- T. Kiffe and J. Matis, On approximating the moments of
the equilibrium distribution of a stochastic logistic model.
Biometrics, 52 (1996), 980991.
- T. Kiffe, J. Matis, and R. Hengeveld, Estimating
parameters for birth-death-migration models from spatio-temporal
abundance data. Journal of Agricultural, Biological and
Environmental Statistics, 1 (1996), 4059.
- T. Kiffe and J. Matis, Describing the spread of
biological populations using stochastic compartmental models with
birth. Mathematical Biosciences, 126 (1995),
- T. Kiffe, J. Matis, and G. Otis, Use of birth-death
processes for predicting the spread of insect populations.
Environmental Entomology, 23 (1994),
- T. Kiffe and W. Rundell, Ode Solver: Numerical Procedures
for Ordinary Differential Equations, Wadsworth Publishing Company,
Belmont, CA, 1990.
- T. Kiffe, Systems of Volterra equations with nonmonotone
discontinuous nonlinearities. J. Integral Equations,
5 (1983), 341352.
- T. Kiffe, A Volterra equation with a time dependent
operator. in K. B. Hannsgen, T. L. Herdman, H. W. Stech, and
R. L. Wheeler (eds), Volterra and Functional Differential
Equations, Marcel Dekker, New York, 1982, 255262.
- T. Kiffe, An abstract linear Volterra equation with a
nonconvolution kernel. Proc. Amer. Math. Soc.,
82 (1981), 5157.
- T. Kiffe, A Volterra integral equation and
multiple-valued functions. J. Integral Equations,
3 (1981), 93108.
- T. Kiffe, A perturbation of an abstract Volterra
equation. SIAM J. Math. Anal., 11 (1980),
- T. Kiffe and M. Stecher, Properties and applications of
the resolvent operator to a Volterra integral equations in a
Hilbert Space. SIAM J. Math. Anal., 11
- T. Kiffe, A discontinuous Volterra equation. J.
Integral Equations, 1 (1979), 193200.
- T. Kiffe and M. Stecher, An abstract Volterra integral
equation in a reflexive Banach Space. J. Differential
Equations, 34 (1979), 303325.
- T. Kiffe, The asymptotic behavior of bounded solutions
of a nonconvolution Volterra equation. J. Differential
Equations, 31 (1979), 99108.
- T. Kiffe and M. Stecher, L2 solutions of abstract
Volterra integral equations. SIAM J. Math.
Anal., 10 (1979), 274280.
- T. Kiffe and M. Stecher, Existence and uniqueness of
solutions to abstract Volterra equations. Proc. Amer.
Math. Soc., 68 (1978), 169175.
- T. Kiffe and M. Stecher, A characterization of the range
of a nonlinear Volterra integral operator. in V. Lakshmikantham (ed),
Nonlinear Equations in Abstract Spaces,
Academic Press, New York, 1978, 365374.
- T. Kiffe, A Volterra equation with a nonconvolution
kernel. SIAM Journal of Math. Anal., 8 (1977),
- T. Kiffe, On nonlinear Volterra equations of
nonconvolution type. J. Differential Equations,
22 (1976), 349367.