- Ph.D. in Mathematics, Technion- Israel Institute of Technology, 2002,
- M.S. in Mathematics, Technion- Israel Institute of Technology, June 2002, 1998
- B.S. in Mathematics, summa cum laude, Technion - Israel Institute of Technology, 1994
In the Profession
- 2015-present, Associate Professor, Texas
- 2008-2015, AssistantProfessor, Texas
- 2005-2008, A long term Visiting Associate Professor at
International School for Advanced Studies (SISSA-ISAS), Trieste, Italy,
- 2002-2005, Research Associate at International School for Advanced Studies (SISSA-ISAS), Trieste, Italy
Research or Scholarly Interests
Local differential geometry of nonholonomic structures of manifoilds,
including vector disributions, sub-Riemannian structures and CR
structure with application to Control theory, System theory, Robotics,
Neuroscience and transpoirtation problems.
- Wolf prize for PhD students - Hebrew University, Jerusalem, 2001
Notable Recent Grants
- NSF Grant ``Geometry and Analysis on Nonholonomic structures on
Manifolds'', DMS 1406193, award amount of $130,188, September 1,
2014-August 31, 2017.
- Simons Foundation Collaboration Grant for Mathematicians,
number 524213, ``Geometry of nonholonomic structures on
manifolds", award amount of $42,000, September 1, 2017-August 31
- co-PI in NSF Grant''Texas Geometry and Topoly conference", DMS 1812040 (PI J.M. Landsberg, co-PI Dean Baskin), award amount 90,000, May 1 2018-April 30 2021.
Five Selected Publications or Scholarly Works
- F. Jean, S. Maslovskaya , I. Zelenko, On projective and affine equivalence of sub-Riemannian metrics, Geometriae Dedicata, 203(2019)., 279-319.
- N. Hein, F. Sottile, I. Zelenko, A congruence modulo four for real Schubert calculus, J. Reine Angew. Math. 714 (2016), 151-174.
- B. Doubrov, I. Zelenko, On local geometry of non-holonomic rank 2 distributions, J. Lond. Math. Soc. (2) 80 (2009), no. 3, 545--566.
- I. Zelenko, C. Li, Differential geometry of curves in Lagrange Grassmannians with given Young diagram, Differential Geom. Appl. 27 (2009), no. 6, 723-742.
- I. Zelenko, M. Zhitomirskii, Rigid paths of generic 2-distributions on 3-manifolds, Duke Mathematical Journal, Vol. 79, no. 2, 1995, 281--307.
Recent Synergistic Activities
- Mentor for Research project for returning students of
Summer Mathematics Research Training High School (SMaRT) Camp at Texas
A&M University in June 2017.
- Organizer of weekly group graduate students meeting on
``Locla Differential Geometry and sub-Riemannian geometry" since Fall
2019 at TAMU.
- The organizer of the Mathematical Tournament (Math
Wrangle) activity in Summer Mathematics Research Training High
School (SMaRT) Camp at Texas A&M University in 2012, 2013,2016,
- The writer and grader team leader for Power Team exam (2017, 2019)
and writer of various subject exams (2012, 2013, 2015, 2016, 2018) ,including
best student exam, for TAMU Math High School Contest;
- Lecturer at TAMUMath Circle, 2012, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019.
Recent Graduate Students and/or Postdocs
- Curtis Porter, Ph. D, graduated 2016;
- Juan P. Gomez, Ph.D., graduated 2018 (Mechanical Engineering);
- Sofya Maslovskaya, Ph.D, graduated 2018 (ENSTA, Paris;
- David Sykes, Ph. D, expected graduation 2021;
- Haoshen Li, PhD, expected graduation 2022;
- Zaifeng Lin, Ph.D, expected graduation 2023
- Sina Arefizadeh, Ph. D (Civil Engineering), leeft the program due the health problems;
- Chaired 5 masters student committees last 5 years