My portrait, by Danforth France.
Eric C. Rowell
Department of Mathematics
Texas A&M University
College Station, TX 77843-3368
An uncharacteristically isolated section of the Great Wall
(MuTianYu 慕田峪 section), Sept.
Office: Blocker 510B.
Office hours: (Spring 2015) W 10:30pm-11:30pm.
E-mail: rowell “at”
(979) 845-2833 Non-functioning
after August 2011 due to budget cuts (no
Fax: (979) 845-6028
Links | Useful
Links | Personal
- June 24-30, 2014: Math
Research Communities: Mathematics of Quantum Phases of Matter and
Quantum Information, Snowbird, UT.
- May 11-15,2015: Encuentro
Colombiano de Computacion Cuantica, Bogota, Colombia.
14-19, 2016: Modular
Categories--their Representations, Classification and Applications
CMO, Oaxaca, MX
I am an associate professor in the Texas A&M mathematics department, where
participate in the Algebra
Combinatorics Seminar. Previously, I was a VIGRE postdoc
at Indiana University. I
Ph.D. in mathematics from UC San Diego
in 2003, my thesis advisor was Hans Wenzl.
- NSA Grant March 2008-March 2010)
- NSA Grant (March
- NSF Grant (September
- NSA Grant (March
2012-March 2014) (funded, but declined in favor of NSF support)
Schedule (reverse chronological order)
- August 14-19, 2016: Modular Categories--Their
Representations, Classification, and Applications, Oaxaca, Mexico
- January 10-16, 2016: USC colloquium, Visit Microsoft Station Q.
- December 8-11, 2015: Visit PNNL, Richland, WA
- November 12-18, 2015: Visit Microsoft Station Q (tentative)
- October 18-21, 2015: QuantumFest 2015, Estado de Mexico, MX
- September 6-12, 2015: Nichols
Algebras and Their Interactions with Lie Theory, Hopf Algebras and
Tensor Categories Banff, Canada
- August 10-14, 2015: AIM SQuaREs, Palo Alto, CA
- May 11-16, 2015: Encuentro
Colombiano de Computacion Cuantica,
- January 25-31, 2015: IPAM Symmetry
and Topology in Quantum Matter, UCLA.
- January 22-25, 2015: Santa Barbara, CA
- January 10-13, 2015: AMS JMM,
San Antonio TX
- January 6-8, 2015: Knot theory and
its applications to physics and quantum computation. UT Dallas.
- December 8-13, 2014: Coloquio
Latinoamericano de Algebra, Lima Peru.
Modern Algebra I
Resources on the Web:
Mathematics Genealogy E.R.--H. Wenzl--V.F.R.
Jones--A. Haefliger--C. Ehresmann--E.
Cartan--(G. Darboux and S. Lie)...14 generations from G. Leibniz (Ph.D
- Erdos Number: 4
For example: Erdos--L. Lovasz--M. H. Freedman--Z.
Last updated Feb 2015 or later.