Eric C. Rowell
Department of Mathematics
Texas A&M University
College Station, TX 77843-3368
Office: Milner 210 until April 2, then Blocker 510B from April 3 on.
Office hours: TR 10:30am-12pm.
E-mail: rowell “at” math.tamu.edu
(979) 845-2833 Non-functioning
after August 2011 due to budget cuts (no
Fax: (979) 845-6028
Publications | Research | Schedule | Teaching | Mathematics Links | Useful Links | Personal Links
Publications and Talks
I am an associate professor in the Texas A&M mathematics department, where I
participate in the Algebra and
Combinatorics Seminar. Previously, I was a VIGRE postdoc
at Indiana University. I received my
Ph.D. in mathematics from UC San Diego in 2003, my thesis advisor was Hans Wenzl.
- NSA Grant (March 2008-March 2010)
- NSA Grant (March 2010-March 2012)
- NSF Grant (September 2011-August 2014)
- NSA Grant (March 2012-March 2014) (declined)
- January 10-13, 2015: AMS JMM, San Antonio TX
- July 14-August 6, 2014: Europe (dates approx.) Finland, Stockholm, Barcelona...
- July 5-July 14, 2014: Quantum Topology, Chelyabinsk State University, Russia (tentative, dates approx.)
- June 24-June 30, 2014: MRC: Mathematics of Quantum
Phases of Matter and Quantum Information, Snowbird, UT.
- June 13-17, 2014: visiting Bei Zeng at U. Guelph,
Canada and Canadian Summer School on Quantum Information
- May 19-23, 2014: AIM SQuaREs, Palo Alto, CA.
- May 2-6, 2014: NCGOA, Vanderbilt U. Nashville, TN
- April 13-18, 2014: Subfactors and Fusion Categories,
- February 14-16, 2014: Texas Geometry and Topology
Conference, Texas Tech, Lubbock, TX.
Current Courses (Spring
Foundations of Mathematics
M654 Algebra II
Resources on the Web:
Mathematics Genealogy E.R.--H. Wenzl--V.F.R.
Jones--A. Haefliger--C. Ehresmann--E. Cartan--(G. Darboux and
S. Lie)...14 generations from G. Leibniz (Ph.D 1666).
- Erdos Number: 4
For example: Erdos--L. Lovasz--M. H. Freedman--Z. Wang--E.R.
Last updated March 2014