Eric C. Rowell
Department of Mathematics
Texas A&M University
College Station, TX 77843-3368
Office: Blocker 510B.
Office hours: TR 10:30am-12pm.
E-mail: rowell “at”
(979) 845-2833 Non-functioning
after August 2011 due to budget cuts (no
Fax: (979) 845-6028
Links | Useful
Links | Personal
I am an associate professor in the Texas A&M mathematics department, where
participate in the Algebra
Combinatorics Seminar. Previously, I was a VIGRE postdoc
at Indiana University. I
Ph.D. in mathematics from UC San Diego
in 2003, my thesis advisor was Hans Wenzl.
- NSA Grant (March 2008-March 2010)
- NSA Grant (March
- NSF Grant (September
- NSA Grant (March
2012-March 2014) (funded, but declined in favor of NSF support)
- August 14-19, 2016: Modular Categories--Their
Representations, Classification, and Applications, Oaxaca, Mexico
- September 6-12, 2015: Nichols
Algebras and Their Interactions with Lie Theory, Hopf Algebras and
Tensor Categories Banff, Canada
- August 10-14, 2015: AIM SQuaREs, Palo Alto, CA
- May 11-16, 2015: Encuentro Colombiano de Computacion Cuantica,
- January 25-31, 2015:
and Topology in Quantum Matter, UCLA.
- January 22-25, 2015: Santa Barbara, CA
- January 10-13, 2015: AMS JMM,
San Antonio TX
- January 6-8, 2015: Knot theory and
its applications to physics and quantum computation. UT Dallas.
- December 8-13, 2014: Coloquio
Latinoamericano de Algebra, Lima Peru.
- July 13-August 6, 2014: Europe (dates approx.)
Finland, Stockholm, Barcelona...
- July 5-July 12, 2014: Quantum
Topology, Bannoye, Chelyabinsk area, Russia.
- June 24-June 30, 2014:
MRC: Mathematics of Quantum Phases of Matter and Quantum Information,
- June 13-17, 2014: visiting Bei Zeng at U.
Guelph, Canada and Canadian Summer
School on Quantum Information
- May 19-23, 2014: AIM
SQuaREs, Palo Alto, CA.
- May 2-6, 2014: NCGOA,
Vanderbilt U. Nashville, TN
- April 13-18, 2014: Subfactors
and Fusion Categories, Banff, Canada.
- February 14-16, 2014:
Texas Geometry and Topology Conference, Texas Tech, Lubbock, TX.
Foundations of Mathematics
Modern Algebra II
Resources on the Web:
Mathematics Genealogy E.R.--H. Wenzl--V.F.R.
Jones--A. Haefliger--C. Ehresmann--E.
Cartan--(G. Darboux and S. Lie)...14 generations from G. Leibniz (Ph.D
- Erdos Number: 4
For example: Erdos--L. Lovasz--M. H. Freedman--Z.
Last updated March 2014