Eric C. Rowell
Department of Mathematics
Texas A&M University
College Station, TX 77843-3368
Office: Milner 210
Office hours: TR 10:30am-12pm.
Telephone: (979) 845-2833 Non-functioning after August 2011 due to budget cuts (no joke).
Fax: (979) 845-6028
Publications | Research | Schedule | Teaching | Mathematics Links | Useful Links | Personal Links
Publications and Talks
I am an associate professor
in the Texas A&M mathematics
department, where I participate in the Algebra and Combinatorics Seminar. Previously, I was a VIGRE postdoc at Indiana
University. I received my Ph.D. in mathematics from UC San Diego in 2003, my thesis advisor was Hans Wenzl.
Grant (March 2008-March 2010)
Grant (March 2010-March 2012)
- NSF Grant (September 2011-August 2014)
- NSA Grant (March 2012-March 2014) (declined)
- June 25-July 1, 2014: MRC: Mathematics of Quantum Phases of Matter and Quantum Information, Snowbird, UT.
- May 19-23, 2014: AIM SQuaREs, Palo Alto, CA.
- April 13-18, 2014: Subfactors and Fusion Categories, Banff, Canada.
- August 13-October 29, 2013: BICMR, Beijing, China
- August 1-12, 2013: San Diego, CA
- May 19-May 24, 2013: Workshop on Fusion Categories, Inst. Math. Bourgogne, Dijon, France.
- March 11-18, 2013: visiting U. Nat. Cordoba, Argentina.
Current Courses (Spring 2013):
M220 Foundations of Mathematics
M662 Representation Theory
on the Web:
Mathematics Genealogy E.R.--H. Wenzl--V.F.R.
Jones--A. Haefliger--C. Ehresmann--E. Cartan--(G.
Darboux and S. Lie)...14 generations from G. Leibniz (Ph.D 1666).
- Erdos Number: 4
For example: Erdos--L.
Lovasz--M. H. Freedman--Z. Wang--E.R.
Last updated 08/12