My portrait, by Danforth France.
Eric C. Rowell
Department of Mathematics
Texas A&M University
College Station, TX 77843-3368
An uncharacteristically isolated section of the Great Wall
(MuTianYu 慕田峪 section), Sept.
Office: Blocker 510B.
Office hours: (Spring 2015) W 10:30pm-11:30pm.
E-mail: rowell “at”
(979) 845-2833 Non-functioning
after August 2011 due to budget cuts (no
Fax: (979) 845-6028
Links | Useful
Links | Personal
I am an associate professor in the Texas A&M mathematics department, where
participate in the Algebra
Combinatorics Seminar. Previously, I was a VIGRE postdoc
at Indiana University. I
Ph.D. in mathematics from UC San Diego
in 2003, my thesis advisor was Hans Wenzl.
Research Group: (current as of Spring 2016)
- NSA Grant March 2008-March 2010)
- NSA Grant (March
- NSF Grant (September
- NSA Grant (March
2012-March 2014) (funded, but declined in favor of NSF support)
- NSF Grant (January 2016-December 2018)
Schedule (reverse chronological order)
- December 18-24, 2016: Subfactors and Mathematical Physics, Sanya, China.
- September 5-9, 2016: Hopf Algebras and Tensor Categories, Chern Institute, Tianjin, China.
- August 14-19, 2016: Modular Categories--Their
Representations, Classification, and Applications, Oaxaca, Mexico
- July ?, 2016: SIAM minisymposium, Boston MA.
- July ?, 2016: Visit Turaev, Russia (tentative)
- June?, 2016: Study Abroad, Beijing, China. (tentative)
- May 9-13, 2016: AIM SQuaRE, San Jose, CA
- April 9-10, 2016: AMS sectional, Salt Lake City, UT.
- March 12-18, 2016: College of Charleston, SC.
- January 10-16, 2016: USC colloquium, Visit Microsoft Station Q.
- December 8-11, 2015: Visit PNNL, Richland, WA
- November 12-18, 2015: Visit Microsoft Station Q, UCSB Seminar.
- October 18-21, 2015: QuantumFest 2015, Estado de Mexico, MX
- September 6-12, 2015: Nichols
Algebras and Their Interactions with Lie Theory, Hopf Algebras and
Tensor Categories Banff, Canada
- August 10-14, 2015: AIM SQuaREs, Palo Alto, CA
- July 12-18, 2015: Consulting at Station Q, Santa Barbara, CA
- May 11-16, 2015: Encuentro
Colombiano de Computacion Cuantica,
- January 25-31, 2015: IPAM Symmetry
and Topology in Quantum Matter, UCLA.
- January 22-25, 2015: Santa Barbara, CA
- January 10-13, 2015: AMS JMM,
San Antonio TX
- January 6-8, 2015: Knot theory and
its applications to physics and quantum computation. UT Dallas.
M220 Foundations of Mathematics
Resources on the Web:
Mathematics Genealogy E.R.--H. Wenzl--V.F.R.
Jones--A. Haefliger--C. Ehresmann--E.
Cartan--(G. Darboux and S. Lie)...14 generations from G. Leibniz (Ph.D
- Erdos Number: 4
For example: Erdos--L. Lovasz--M. H. Freedman--Z.
Last updated Feb 2015 or later.