Math Awareness Month
Each year, the month of April is designated the Mathematics Awareness Month by
- the American Mathematical Society
- the American Statistical Association
- the Mathematical Association of America
- the Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics
to recognize the importance of mathematics.
In 2016 the theme of Math Awareness Month is The Future of Prediction.
Math Fair Schedule
|8:30–9:00||Registration (Blocker lobby)|
|9:00–9:15||Welcome and Overview: Prof. Paulo Limo-Filho (BLOC 102)|
|9:15–12:00||Julia Robinson Math Festival-
Mentored Problem Solving and Games
Grades K-5: BLOC 105; Grades 6-12: BLOC 107
|9:15–12:00||Mathematical Art (BLOC 220)|
|10:00–11:00||Lecture: The Shape of Space
Prof. Frank Sottile (BLOC 102)
|12:00–12:30||Pizza Lunch (BLOC 102)|
|12:30-1:30||Raffle* and Closing Remarks (BLOC 102)|
*-We will give out 30 raffle prizes.
Must be present to win.
Limit of one raffle prize per person.
Free Parking in unmarked, unnumbered spaces in
lots 50 and 51.
If you park in Northside Garage across from Blocker, you will have to pay
the parking fee.
Recommended links (internal)
- Department of Mathematics at Texas A&M University
- TAMU Math programs for public schools
- A list of Enjoyable Books on Math and Science
- Entertain yourself with optical illusions
Recommended links (external)
- Math Awareness Month national website
- World's leading math prizes
- The American Math Competitions page
- PBS NOVA Math resources page
- Math in the Movies
- Magic of Math: Books on Math and Science for Students
- Math Puzzles and Fun links
Last modified on Thursday, 14-Apr-2016 09:03:45 CDT.